Help! My computer isn't recognizing my EVOSupport

Last Updated:

1. LegacyNY

LegacyNY Member This Topic's Starter

Hey,

I'm attempting to access my SD card and every time i connect my phone and choose disk drive to my comp it won't work. It will charge and that is all. When I go to My Computer it doesn't recognize anything as a "disc drive" like the little booklet says. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated!

Advertisement
  2. cr74mz

cr74mz Member

Did your computer recognize it before?

3. LegacyNY

LegacyNY Member This Topic's Starter

No I just exchanged this Evo. So its brand new.

4. jimcraig

jimcraig Well-Known Member

I had this same problem but think I fixed it. Problem is I wont be able to give definitive info on how to fix it.

I installed "autostarts" to try and stop some of the BS that auto starts on the phone. After I did this I started getting the above problem.

I went back into "autostarts" and enabled some items that I had disabled, this fixed it. Also the pc recognized the EVO after I unchecked the USB debug option under Settings>Applications>Development>USB Debugging.

so check Settings>Applications>Development>USB Debugging and ensure its unchecked, that might be it.

5. Wadester

Wadester Well-Known Member

This happened to me last night. I ended up rebooting the phone and PC then the drive started to appear again (Win 7).

6. jimcraig

jimcraig Well-Known Member

ok after a little digging it seems its the USB debugging that might have caused the issue.