Help! My Droid shut off and wouldnt turn back on.Support

Last Updated:

1. tennisplayer

tennisplayer Member This Topic's Starter

I ended a phone call and my phone had 90% battery life and the screen went black. The phone was completely shut off. I could not turn it back on. I was 1/2 hour from home. Pulled over and held the on off button...nothein. Tried for 15 minutes and it would not turn on. Took out the battery and put it back in. It was as if the phone had no battery in it at all.

Got home and plugged in the usb charger and it restarted. Anyone else have this issue? I can't live with a phone that won't turn back on.

Advertisement
  2. dividebyzero

dividebyzero Member

Maybe remove your battery and then insert it back in then try.

3. pdragon

pdragon Well-Known Member

Moved to appropriate forum. Hopefully you can get some better assistance. :)

4. swissymania

swissymania New Member

Had the exact same issue. Removing and putting the battery back in resolved it.

5. tennisplayer

Like I said, removed the battery and still nothing. Only plugging in the charger when I got home brought it back to like. When it came on I had 80% battery life. It's been fine all night long after that. Strange.

6. SuperDiver

SuperDiver New Member

I had the exact same thing happen except I wasn't on the phone. The phone just wouldn't respond. I battery pull brought it back to life though...

7. tennisplayer

Well, I gave up on the Droid and returned it Saturday for a BlackBerry Tour. I love the simple one handed operation of the Tour vs. having to hold the Droid in one hand and scroll and touch with the other.

8. sherri

sherri Well-Known Member

You had a bad Droid. Same thing happened to me. Got it the day it came out. Continual reboots and shutdowns. Exchanged it for a new one a day later. So fa, so good!:eek: