Help! My email keeps force closing now.

Last Updated:

1. Mhogan35

Mhogan35 Active Member This Topic's Starter

My email is force closing every time I open it now. I use AOL (gasp, I know hehe), and it has never done so, until I recently updated to the latest Cyanogen update, via the Rom Manager program. I've attempted the "clear data" fix that people have referenced multiple times, without it working on any attempt. I've also reinstalled the rom, and tried a few back versions, all with "clear data and cache" selected, to see if that would help. Any ideas?

--Matt

Advertisement
  2. nstallion

nstallion Well-Known Member

Does the email app close before you've set it up or only once you've entered your AOL email info? If it's only after you've set up the account, have you tried using other email accounts to see if it is something specific to the AOL account?

3. Mhogan35

It's only happening after I set up the account, which it has never done before. I've had that account with the droid the day the droid was released, but after changing roms (updating), it started closing like that.

4. nstallion

nstallion Well-Known Member

I'm not offering a solution, just giving you steps to follow to try to isolate the problem. Have you tried adding another email account, non-AOL to see if it FCs when you use that?

5. Mhogan35

I'm trying to think if I have one that isn't AOL, hehe... Could I add a Gmail address through there, or will it automatically add it to the Gmail app?

6. Mhogan35

Ok, I fixed it. I read somewhere that certain attachments can cause your email inbox to crash, which got me thinking. I went back, and found an email that had a pdf file attached that I got a day or so ago (which is when the problem started), and deleted that email from my computer. After that, my inbox works. Thanks for trying to help though, as that definitely means a lot!

--Matt