HELP! My Eris crashed, sorta...General

Last Updated:

1. technicolorwonder

technicolorwonder Member This Topic's Starter

So around four-ish this morning, I was just messin around on my week-old Eris, which I love, when I suddenly got the error message "the application HTC Sense (process com.htc.launcher) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again", and it forced closed. I powered off, removed the battery, replaced it and powered it back on a few times, then gave up, went to bed, and hoped it would maybe fix itself over night. It didn't. :( I can still view my contacts, make/recieve calls and texts, but otherwise I can't access anything. What do I do?!

Advertisement
  2. schmunkey

schmunkey Active Member

I am by no means an expert as I have only had my Android phone for about a month but can you go to settings>manage applications and restart com.htc.launcher from there?

3. technicolorwonder

i can't even access my apps, any menus, settings, nothing. the only thing that would work at the time was my texting and phone calls. i could access my contacts through messaging but only by using the shortcut through chompsms where you long press the search button. now that won't even work. my phone is now strictly a phone- i can receive calls and make them.

4. technicolorwonder

i can't even access my apps, any menus, settings, nothing. the only thing that would work at the time was my texting and phone calls. i could access my contacts through messaging but only by using the shortcut through chompsms where you long press the search button. now that won't even work. my phone is now strictly a phone- i can receive calls and make them. oddly enough though, my task manager keeps popping up and random apps are opening themselves apparently.

5. kobel1up

kobel1up Well-Known Member

To be honest if the phone is only a week old take it back and get a new one. My wife's HTC did some funky thing's and I took it back to get a new one. The new HTC is perfect, all your contact's are saved on google so when you sign in on your new phone all your stuff sync's to the phone. Thats the only thing I can tell you to do.

6. technicolorwonder