HELP! My internet does not work unless wireless is on?

Last Updated:

1. razorrae

razorrae New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi i am reletively new to this but have now succesfully updated and backed up my hero a few times. I;m not sure whether this problem is due to a rom upgrade or me just being stupid but i cannot connect to the internet on my orange hero unless im hooked up to my home wireless? when i go to use the internet without wireless on i get the message "web page not available. check to make sure your device has a signal and data connection.reload this web page later. view a cached copy of the web page from google? im assuming its a problem with my settings but dont know how to sort the prob out. thanks for reading i hope you can help. Rae

Advertisement
  2. Slug

Slug Check six! Moderator

Your handset's APN settings are probably wrong or missing. Check Settings - Wireless controls - Mobile network settings - Access Point Names.

3. malbon

malbon Well-Known Member

Do you have a mobile widget ? Switch it on ! Fwiw I had to call orange to re do my settings

4. Edbanger

Edbanger Well-Known Member

I had the same problem yesterday. i called orange, they manually went through some settings with me, and it worked a treat. you do need to turn your wifi off tho, as you cant connect to two things at the same time.

5. razorrae

razorrae New Member This Topic's Starter

i love you guys thanks alot i just went to the apn thing and restored default as the apn settings were blank. Thank you so much for your help. Also as you guys are obviously geniuses i have uploaded a update.zip rom but it didnt have the "aerial" upgrade what is this and is it worth doing?