• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help!! my new tmobile unlimited data plan suddenly is super slow

draggin49

Lurker
Dec 8, 2012
Just purchased a samsung galaxy s3 with the new unlimited data plan a week ago . Love the phone and had been working great on 4g. All of a sudden it is ridiculously slow and no longer shows the 4g signal and simply shows a "G" with up and down arrows below it. What is up with this? Ive only used around 2g of data so far. This is awful!!
Look forward to your replies

Called customer service and they did some trouble shooting. Asked them if I was getting throttled back they verified no, and that it might have been something to do with a tower near me.as far as plans I have their newest unlimited data plan that they recently brought out a few months back.its back to normal/4g now

Reactions: damewolf13
Upvote 0
:smokingsomb:well if you have the $50 dollar plan its only a certain amount of mb's on 4g than they trottle you to edge i have the $30 plan with 5gb of data next week with all that extra data i plan to figure how out how to find a cure for cancer and have world peace and ill still have data to spare:D

Upvote 0
Just purchased a samsung galaxy s3 with the new unlimited data plan a week ago . Love the phone and had been working great on 4g. All of a sudden it is ridiculously slow and no longer shows the 4g signal and simply shows a "G" with up and down arrows below it. What is up with this? Ive only used around 2g of data so far. This is awful!!
Look forward to your replies

"G" = GSM, which is like a 1G or 1.5G network. It will be super slow.

Even if you used all your data, they don't physically kick you off of the HSPA network, they simply throttle your speed.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones