Help!! my new tmobile unlimited data plan suddenly is super slow

1. draggin49

draggin49 New Member

Just purchased a samsung galaxy s3 with the new unlimited data plan a week ago . Love the phone and had been working great on 4g. All of a sudden it is ridiculously slow and no longer shows the 4g signal and simply shows a "G" with up and down arrows below it. What is up with this? Ive only used around 2g of data so far. This is awful!!
    Look forward to your replies

Advertisement
  2. Fuzzy13

Fuzzy13 Well-Known Member

What plan do you have? Just because it says "unlimited" doesn't mean its actually unlimited. If your only allowed 2gigs of 4G data speeds then you might be getting throttled.

I would review your plan details.
    damewolf13 likes this.
  3. draggin49

draggin49 New Member

Called customer service and they did some trouble shooting. Asked them if I was getting throttled back they verified no, and that it might have been something to do with a tower near me.as far as plans I have their newest unlimited data plan that they recently brought out a few months back.its back to normal/4g now
    damewolf13 likes this.
  4. greenghost2212

greenghost2212 Well-Known Member

Tmo is famous for that problem especially in Chicago lol. My tmo friend steady hating on my sprint lte. But tmo is supposed to be having there own nv in 2013
  5. eljefe0000

eljefe0000 Well-Known Member

:smokingsomb:well if you have the $50 dollar plan its only a certain amount of mb's on 4g than they trottle you to edge i have the $30 plan with 5gb of data next week with all that extra data i plan to figure how out how to find a cure for cancer and have world peace and ill still have data to spare:D
  6. aurora40

aurora40 Well-Known Member

"G" = GSM, which is like a 1G or 1.5G network. It will be super slow.

Even if you used all your data, they don't physically kick you off of the HSPA network, they simply throttle your speed.