Help ! my Nexus has gone bonkers.Support

Last Updated:

1. locus

locus Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Today I noticed the 3G icon would not go away it would stay on all the time even at home with a stong WiFi signal, I checked Netcounter and wow since I reset it last friday my Nexus had downloaded almost 500 MB of data, I have a 1GB package deal so in the last 4 days I have used up 50% of my package on what I dont know, I have never used more then 200 MB in the past, so I go into settings switch to use only 2G networks and the E for Edge comes on and the connection is still downloading something, then I remove some apps I had installed recently thinking this might be it but no still live connection on always , I do a factory reset and only install Netcounter and the 3G icons goes on again and it still is downloading about 3 MB an hour, so I removed the APN , now with the WiFi only it is still downloading about 300k an hour, sync is off bluetooth is off, GPS is off. what could be using up data ? has it messed up somehow ? i thought maybe I am getting the update to 2.2 but I got no warning and I seririously hope the update is not more then 500 MB

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. Talderon

Talderon Well-Known Member

I would definitely take it into your local T-Mobile corporate location, explain what's going on, show them on the phone as well and see what they can do. The sooner you do this, the more likely they will be to figure it out. Be sure to have your data saved, show them that a reset does nothing to help and maybe they can dig into it and see what's up.

3. locus

I whish it would be that easy, I am in Canada

4. Roze

Roze Hiding behind a mystery VIP Member

Ouch...I'm guessing you have the AT&T version? Would net counter be causing the problem...for some reason it seems like it, since after the factory reset that was the only app you installed. It might be counting incorrectly. I suggest calling your carrier and ask them how much data you have used up so far this month. Call HTC and see if they can help you.

5. locus

no its not netcounter , i downloaded another program just to make sure and it also counted the data download, tomorrow i will contact HTC to see what happens

thanks

6. Buck Shot

Buck Shot Well-Known Member

I've noticed lately that car home app has been running in my task killer. It usually doesn't. Google maps does this from time to time. I'd invest in a good task killer to kill these apps that may be running in the background