HELP my phone goes to a reboot page...

Last Updated:

1. MarvelMaven

MarvelMaven New Member This Topic's Starter

My phone was droppe in a small puddle and got wet... there was no damage done to the phone.. No water leaking from it to speak of. However, I turned my phone off and when I tried to turn it back on it goes to some android reboot page? I really don't have the 130 dollars to send to TMobile to get another phone, and I really hope that someone might be able to help me figure out how to fix this problem. Any help will be greatly appreciated!:D

Advertisement
  2. eye4863

eye4863 Active Member

Take the battery door off and the battery itself and check to see if that white dot at the bottom right corner is still white if soo call tmo and do a warranty replacement just been warned the slides are on back order so no telling when you'll get it... I have the red and am in a similar boat and its on back order not sure if white and or black slide are as well???

3. behold_this

behold_this Well-Known Member

Not on backorder at all! Wife got her cliq replaced with slide free of charge on Saturday over phone and got it in the mail yesterday!

4. behold_this

behold_this Well-Known Member

Btw OP sounds like you are booting into fastboot. Are there choices on screen like hboot or recovery? What does this "android reboot page" as you called it say exactly? Are the skateboarding droids along the bottom? if so start with the 3rd step bellow if not start from first step:

-pull battery then replace it back into the phone
    -power the phone on by holding the volume down button the pressing the power button and holding both until fastboot loads (a menu screen with three little droids along the bottom)
    -using the volume rocker scroll down to clear storage and press the power button to select it
    -press the volume up button to select the yes option and delete all user data
    -phone reboots

you are back to factory state with all your data (including the data that has some how become corrupted) and apps erased but thats easy to fix just resync with the market app. only things you won't get back is call log and old text msgs