• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Help! My phone keeps rebooting!

Jephone

Lurker
Jun 25, 2010
Hello everyone! I have the Samsung Galaxy i7500. and lately it's been making me want to throw it into a wood chipper. I've upgraded the firmware to 1.6 and everything was fine. then a few months later it started to randomly reboot. Usually it happens while i'm trying to use the phone. IE: youtube, maps. during a call. etc. It'll be working then the screen goes blank. and GALAXY shows. then it'll being to boot as usual. This keeps happening!!! I've tried a hard reset and installed only minimal apps and added my contacts. and It still tends to reboot!!!

I have no idea whats happening. do you think it's the OS or something, or something hardware related?

Is there ANYTHING I can do to try and fix this?

I got the phone brand new in an unopened box from ebay. so I dont believe i have any kind of insurance or anything...

You could try to wipe the phone (factory reset) or uninstall all software you installed, because usually this is caused by some poorly coded software or firmware prior and including ih8 which is cupcake (1.5)

[Edit]

Sorry, did not read to end. Looks like a hardware issue then. Maybe try to reflash your firmware. , if its no help consider sending it to Samsung.

Upvote 0
Mine is running 1.5 and it keeps rebooting itself when i am not even doing anything. I have never flashed a phone so i am nervous about trying. Is it pretty easy to do? I have looked at some of the how to's but it seems like it could go wrong very easily.

Any hlp or dummy guides to flashing would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Samantha

Upvote 0
Mine is running 1.5 and it keeps rebooting itself when i am not even doing anything. I have never flashed a phone so i am nervous about trying. Is it pretty easy to do? I have looked at some of the how to's but it seems like it could go wrong very easily.

Any hlp or dummy guides to flashing would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Samantha
Here is a link to step by step guide with pictures to upgrade to the best rom available to i7500, Galaxo 1.6.3.3
http://androidforums.com/all-things-root-i7500/72037-easy-guide-updating-galaxo.html

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones