Support Help: My Phone randomly busts into song

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by mattwill, May 6, 2010.

1. mattwill

mattwill Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    No seriously. I uploaded a few songs onto my SD card. Out of nowhere, with no settings I've ever placed, it will start playing the song! Its happened at 1:45 in the morning last night, and again today at work. I cant SHUT IT OFF!!!! It is NOT controlled by the music program. In fact if I use that it will start to play both songs simultaneously (train wreck).

I have to put my phone into silent mode to shut it off until the song stops! This is nuts.

Advertisement

2. Rubik76

Rubik76 Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2010
    Maybe it's just really happy. Try telling it about the economy.

No but really... Have you tried loading an app like SystemPanel to get a feel for what processes are active when it happens?

3. phareous

phareous Active Member

Apr 27, 2010
    You need to download an exorcism app ;)

Patkid likes this.
  4. phareous

phareous Active Member

Apr 27, 2010
    Also you could take them off the SD card until you figure out what is going on - at least that would stop the random playing

5. mattwill

May 6, 2010
    I also saw another guy had the same problem on the motorola droid. That thread died in March, but i just renewed it to see if he ever figured out what it was.

6. Napoleon_PhoneApart

Napoleon_PhoneApart Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2010
    Well, as long as they're not all Broadway selections...:D

7. CaptBananaPants

Apr 25, 2010
    I don't know if this could possibly help, but I have a related problem. I have a Ford Fusion, which has Microsoft's Sync technology - meaning my phone connects to my car's audio/nav/controls via bluetooth automatically. If I don't already have some music source playing (i.e., my Zune by USB), when the BT connects, the music player launches. Haven't figured out how to stop that - any ideas?

8. RudeandRude

RudeandRude Member

May 3, 2010
    Happens to me too. Not all the time, but 50% of the time. Weird thing is it just started happening a couple days ago. It never did it for the first month or so that I had the phone and Sync.

9. DarbagDarbag

DarbagDarbag Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2010
    The Burgh & Fort Worth
    i have similar problems...

sometimes, my music will start playing while pandora is playing and chaos ensues

10. tsears

tsears Member

May 31, 2010
    me too.. Im suspecting that it may be the songs that I import from itunes or the tunesync program that I use to import them wirelessly.

11. mattwill

May 6, 2010
    OP here. yeah, i never did find out what caused that. I ended up deleting the songs from the disk which solved it. Upon putting songs back on there, there was no issue.

12. bjanow

bjanow Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2009
    Colorado
    1:45 in the morning? Wow. If it was Barry White and she rolled over on you, my opening bid is $500.