Help, My phones memory is constantly full!

Last Updated:

1. Mikeleonhart

Mikeleonhart Member This Topic's Starter

Recently my phone keeps coming up with a message saying please delete some files as your phone is full.
    The only thing I can think of is that the images for my contacts from facebook that are linked from facebook sync are using up all my memory..

Please help, I can't even send a text!

Advertisement
  2. CarsnGadgets

CarsnGadgets Well-Known Member

go to menu/settings/applications/manage applications/menu/list by size and see which apps are using the most space, some may have a cache that you can empty, or just uninstall apps you dont use.

untill we get 2.2 or unless you root your phone you only have limited space on the phone for apps and app data.

3. Mikeleonhart

40MB is taken up by facebook, and 11.5MB is taken up by my contacts storage.

The rest are all tiny.

4. CarsnGadgets

CarsnGadgets Well-Known Member

how many apps do you have installed?
    I think you only have 147mb total memory to use, so you may find the other small ones are taking up the remainder, or perhaps the cache for an internet browser or something?

5. Mikeleonhart

I removed my facebook contacts from being synced and now it's stopped the issue, I think I just had too many contact pictures being pulled up.

It was more than 40 MB for facebook and 11MB for contacts before I'd done it so that must be it, everything else is pretty much only a few MB each

6. kredda

kredda Active Member

im guessing cache on some apps are eating some of that space
    menu-settings-applications-manage applications and check the cache

i know your looking for space, plus someone else may read this, their is ann app called quick app clean cache, its 184kb it puts apps that are using space with cache in order, so when you open the app you dont have to go looking through all your apps to see what needs clearing, their all in order that need clearing

Mikeleonhart likes this.
  7. Mikeleonhart

I can see It being a very handy app, but I dont have any cache data that needs to be deleted from what I just checked.

Only got 17MB left, which isnt enough to take all my facebook contacts and pictures so I'll just have to leave it I think.

May eventually Root my phone

8. JasonC

JasonC Well-Known Member

How many facebook contacts do you have? 40mb is a lot. I only have 100 FB contacts but I have 700+ Google contacts, most of which have photos and I'm only using about 9mb.

9. GSMGuy

GSMGuy Well-Known Member

Hmm, I'm gettin this now - But my contacts take just over 80mb (I have a lot) - Is there any way to store contacts on the SD card??

Mike

10. Wlliam.

Wlliam. Well-Known Member

my phone is new with zero apps downloaded and I had only 132mb of space.

after installing raging thunder 2, ebuddy, a flashlight and a battery app I have less than 100.