HELP..my Polaroid is frozen????

Last Updated:

1. mickey2652

mickey2652 New Member

hello all, I am new here. I have issues with my 4.2 android tablet I tried to do a boot pushing just power an volume but didn't wor I got the dead android.lol then pushed both volume +- an now I have my boot menu in chinese.lol got numbers but can't read it. lol My problem is my screen is frozen. my tablet charges i just cant touch anything to get it to respond. any ideas????

Advertisement
  2. Digital Controller

Digital Controller The Real Bass Creator Guide

Hey there Mickey, I am going to move this thread into the General Tablet Talk rather than your device forum because it is pretty dead....

So hopefully this helps :)
  3. nickdalzell

nickdalzell Well-Known Member Contributor

if this is one of the infamous Polaroid/Emerson-branded discount specials i am sorry but you may have a brick. i had mine (albeit a dumbed down ICS 4.0.4 variant) go into a weird frozen state that when i rebooted it came up with a new error 'encryption unsuccessful' which had no solution until it basically wiped and reinstalled itself (got the dead android which reminded me a lot of older Macs when they went belly up during an attempt at halting the process to save my apps) and ended up back to out of box state. to this day i never knew just what happend all i do know is all my apps were erased, including game progress i had accumulated. i was a bit sore and still am

don't let the brand name fool you either--these are really just low-quality tablets meant to be used as throwaways. i buy them because i can learn new versions of Android without any frustration that would likely cause a damaged higher-end tablet. if i break the cheapie it won't amount to much other than lost pride