HELP! My T-Bolt Just Updated to 2.3.4. Now I Can't Launch LauncherPro!Support

Last Updated:

1. Left Coast DJ

Left Coast DJ Well-Known Member

I tried clearing defaults in HTC Sense. But Sense just keeps re-loading. How do I get LauncherPro back?

2. Jrocker23

Jrocker23 Well-Known Member

long press the home button and see if the option to pick Launcher pro is there, idf not

get an app called home switcher. once installed run it and see if it gives you the option to pick lp
  3. Bighouse

Bighouse Member

I am having this same problem. Not only does it reload sense, if I hit the home button at any time it goes to the sense home.
  4. duodsg

duodsg New Member

I had this problem after my GB update last night.

I tried home switcher, but that will NOT correct the problem.

Here's what you do:

Menu > Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > All > Scroll down to HTC sense

Clear the data, clear the defaults

Then when you hit the Home button, you will be given a dialog box asking you for which program you want to use as your home screen. Select LauncherPro and make sure you click the box to "Always Use this option". Then you're good to go.

Essentially you just have to tell Sense to quit trying to butt in every time you are using home screens by resetting the defaults.

Make sure you make a backup of your LauncherPro homescreen settings so you don't have to spend half an hour remembering where you put everything like before. Then just restore from that backup.
    karimarie likes this.
  5. Turdbogls

Turdbogls Well-Known Member

or install another launcher (go launcher for example) once its installed, hit home, choose LP( and hit the check box) once LP opens up, hit the app drawer, find go launcher, longpress it, drag and hold over the trash bin and drop to uninstall it.
  6. karimarie

karimarie Well-Known Member

I just installed the most recent OTA update from Verizon, and was tearing my hair out because it broke Launcher Pro and I figure out how to get it back (tried other fixes that people mentioned like reinstalling and installing Home Switcher/Manager.) This finally worked--THANK YOU S MUCH!!! :D