Help - my Vibrant is a brickSupport

Last Updated:

1. jheathco

jheathco Member This Topic's Starter

I rooted my phone awhile back and recently installed the just-released OTA T-Mobile J16 update (yes, stupid).

Now, turning my phone on, I just get the Samsung Vibrant boot screen and nothing more.

Is my phone torched, or can I reload the stock OS/Kernel/etc.? If so, how can I do this on a Mac (I do have VMWare Fusion 3)?

Advertisement
  2. jheathco

By the way, I CAN get to the recovery screen holding down the volume buttons and power. Is there a stock update.zip?

3. Comicazy

Comicazy Member

4. jheathco

Where do I get the update.zip I need? I just see root mods that are under 1 meg...

5. Comicazy

Comicazy Member

You dont need an update.zip. Just download a rom from your computer and transfer it to your SD card. Use a friends phone to transfer it from the computer to the sd card if you need to. After that follow the steps I provided in my post.

Let me clarify, this will only work if you can boot into clockworkmod recovery.

Comic

6. jheathco

Is clockword mod recovery the default blue/yellow text screen I used to first root the phone with update.zip? I get to that screen with the different options (delete cache, etc.)... not sure where to go passed that. I have the Vibrant9.zip renamed update.zip and on my SD card...

7. Comicazy

Comicazy Member

No. Clockworkmod is green. When you try to boot into recovery, does it give you the 'reinstall packages' option? If you choose that, does it bring you to green menu options? That is where you need to be. You don't need to rename the ROM to update.zip.
    If you can't get into clockwork I don't know what to tell you. You'll have to try the Odin or Kies process or return your phone. If you would like to, pm me and I will give you my number and try to talk you through the process.

Comic