• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Help!! My x10a 2.1 has ongoing downloads!!!!!!

ok, so im kinda new to android, and i have a small ( but huge ) Problem!!

The problem is that when i go into the Market and have selected an app to download, it should popup on the status bar and start to download. but when i slid the status bar down , the download never starts to download!! it just stays under the " ongoing " part !! No matter if i am connected to the internet ( via wi-fi or 3G ) or not connected to the internet. it never starts to download. i have already tried to clear the Markets cache and the download manager and the download agent, and even restarted the phone !!

HELP PLEASE!!!! ( X10a 2.1 )

it just adds to the " ongoing Downloads" !!

If you have already tried this:

1. Open Settings.
  2. Select Applications.
  3. Select Manage Applications.
  4. Select Market.
  5. Select Clear cache.
  6. Press the back button (takes you back to list of installed applications)
  7. Select Download Manager.
  8. Select Clear data.
  9. You should now be able to download successfully from the Market.
Next step...try downloading a really small app over 3G and see if it works. If it works on 3G, it should work on the Wifi.

Doesn't work on 3G either, then you probably want to repair or reflash the phone....one more thing.....make sure the phone is up to date.

After upgrading to 2.1, make sure there aren't any other updates that it needs.

Reactions: Killer1744
Upvote 0
If you have already tried this:

Next step...try downloading a really small app over 3G and see if it works. If it works on 3G, it should work on the Wifi.

It didn't work over 3g it also just added to the onging problem. :(

Doesn't work on 3G either, then you probably want to repair or reflash the phone....one more thing.....make sure the phone is up to date.

After upgrading to 2.1, make sure there aren't any other updates that it needs.

Next I think I m going to try a restor point, and if that doesn't work I will full reator it to factory settings.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones