• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help - need a simple app for arranging photos in order

NoIdea123

Lurker
Sep 2, 2012
I'm looking for a 'simple' app which allows me to set the order in which images appear in a gallery... I can find all sorts of things to allow me to do anything to images except what I need. I have a samsung 10.1 tablet for work use - I need to show a slide show which I can control the slide speed etc by touch and scroll(?) rather than it be preset and the order in which the images appear...

I'm looking for a 'simple' app which allows me to set the order in which images appear in a gallery... I can find all sorts of things to allow me to do anything to images except what I need. I have a samsung 10.1 tablet for work use - I need to show a slide show which I can control the slide speed etc by touch and scroll(?) rather than it be preset and the order in which the images appear...

I would prepare the slide show on a Mac or PC (because it's probably to much to ask of a tablet; hasn't got the horsepower), export it as an .flv file, copy it to the tablet and play it there. Interrupt by hitting pause.

But if you want something that allows you to move back and forth between images, you've got it already: the Gallery. It let's you swipe from one image to the next.

If you want those (Powerpoint?) images in a particular order they need to be separate files with sequential alpha-numerical names. (Again) I would (re)name them on a Mac or PC for convenience' sake to get 'm into the order I want, and then copy 'm to the tablet or phone. They should then show in the Gallery – by swiping! Back and forth! – in the order you set 'm in. Ready for you to gloat over with customers, bosses, or co-workers! ;-)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones