• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Help..need to root pelephone israel samsung galaxy s

minnymouse

Lurker
May 13, 2012
I tried to root it myself, failed and bricked it. It was sent to a person (whom I don't know, through the store which I took it to for fixing) and he put in lots of stuff that I don't want (in the system files.)

I have got to get the phone rooted (to get out all the things that were put in the system which is slowing up the phone and making it get overloaded a lot) and am scared to try again; I would need some very specific directions where I cannot screw it up (again)

When the store gave me the phone back, the store owner told me that if I tried to root it, and brick it again, there will be no way to correct it :(

Does anyone know how to root this phone. Here are the details on the phone now:

GT-19000
Firmware 2.3.3
Baseband Version I9000JHJV6
Kernel 2.6.35.7-I9000JHJV8-CL195440 release@ssadmin5-desktop#2

PLEASE HELP ME! If there is any help for me! Is it possible to root this phone? What if I want to change carriers? Is it important to rooting?

I just have so much information, which is confused me more and more.

If anyone is knowledgeable on this...please let me know.:)

THANKS!

Minny

Firmware is it JPJV6 or as you say JHJV6..? (very old firmware, no wonder your phone is so slow with problems)..

Why don't you update the firmware (anyway in order to uninstall/delete system apps bloatware then you will need to root your phone..
So while you at it update the firmware too..
Check these links

Update to new firmware xxjvu 2.3.5 (your is old latest is xxjw5 2.3.6 for gingerbread only)

To update firmware.!
[url=http://www.theandroidsoul.com/xxjvu/

To root xxjvu firmware only.!
http://www.theandroidsoul.com/root-xxjvu-firmware/

Hope that helps

Upvote 0
@ Minny

You should be able to update your phone to JHJVG 2.3.6 using Kies. This should wipe out all the junk from your phone that the chap in the store put on. Once the phone has been updated to 2.3.6, turn the phone off and enter recovery mode by holding Volume UP + Home + Power (in that order) until the Galaxy S logo appears and release the buttons. Use the volume keys to navigate up and down and select Wipe data/Factory reset and press the Home button. Then select Wipe cache partition. Once done, reboot the phone and you will have a freshly updated handset in an "out of the box" condition.

Ray.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones