HELP-Need to unroot and return to stock ROM for warranty work.

Last Updated: 2012-11-15 04:45:40
  1. jeffmartinaz

jeffmartinaz New Member

Hello-

I'm needing some help. I have a rooted Rezound with a custom ROM. Love it, but my light sensor is jacked and the screen keeps flickering on/off when I remove the phone from my head after making a call.

I talked to a tech and they said it's not an uncommon problem and I can go into a VZ store and swap for anther. HOWEVER...I need to remove all traces of the root and ROM and return to a stock ROM. It's obviously not as simple as downloading and flashing the stock.

I've searched for several weeks and really can't find anything that relates directly to the Rezound. Can anybody help? I'm regretting doing this. I am not necessarily a noob (I've rooted several phones/tabs and have ported CM9 to 3 HP TouchPads), but this one has me stumped. Any direction would be GREATLY appreciated!

Advertisement
  2. acejavelin

acejavelin Well-Known Member

Ummm, before you do that since you are rooted already, have you tried Chad0989's Rezound Prox Sensor Calibrator app? If you know anything about the Rezound ROM development world, you know this guy is a genius with the Rezound, he is the one that cracked the RIL on the Rez, a very respected developer, it may be your answer.

Otherwise the way back to stock is simple, re-lock the bootloader and flash in an official RUU... BINGO... back to "out of box" stock!