Help needed. Anyone have stock ROM?

1. Benjaguy

Benjaguy Member

Where can I get a copy of the stock ROM for the LG DoublePlay? I rooted my wife's phone and was removing some of the applications that came preinstalled and somehow messed something up because now it constantly locks up and I am having to remove the battery to reset the phone.

I would prefer a custom ROM but seeing as it's a new phone and not many folks have one it may be a while (if ever) for a custom ROM to be released.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Advertisement
    :
  2. narutog3

narutog3 New Member

I have have a simular problem, so: I just bricked my hone so I'm wondring if anyone has the stock rom. If not, I know there are no roms out there like CyanogenMod or MIUI, but can I install the rom anyway even if it's not specifically for it?
  3. Benjaguy

Benjaguy Member

Yeah, I've thought about trying it by downloading a rom for a similar phone. But the only problem is that the DoublePlay has an extra screen on the bottom. So if I were to try a ROM for a different phone I wouldn't be able to go back, since apparently no one has a copy of the stock ROM. :frown:

Would anyone be able to get me a backup of all the stock apps? Such as Social+ etc? maybe if I reinstall everything it'll put everything back to normal?
  4. Fusil08

Fusil08 New Member

I have rooted my DoublePlay, and have not yet bricked it, but also need guidance on obtaining a stock ROM for backup purposes. CWM ROM Manager does not appear to support the DoublePlay.
  5. Granite1

Granite1 Zercron Encrusted Tweezer Moderator

Hmm, Sounds like all of you need something to flash, anything would be better than a brick. I'll see if I can locate something, even if it's an RUU.

Also, I'm going to move this thread over to the all things root forum. :)

EDIT:

I've hit up my normal caches of info and I'm drawing a blank for a stock rom.zip and RUU. I'm sorry, but I don't think one exists. :(
    archermafu and Fusil08 like this.
  6. Fusil08

Fusil08 New Member

Thanks for looking into it, Granite1.
    archermafu likes this.
  7. archermafu

archermafu New Member

i have a question then is there another phone that has a dual screen out there that we could use as a stock rom and if possible to use it on the doubleplay i been searching for nearly 5 month to fix my phone havent found a thing but that thought keeps running through my mind if is its possible that would be great but then theres another question if there is a phone with a dual screen but no keyboard does that mean that i will have a phone with a useless keyboard
  8. Benjaguy

Benjaguy Member

I was wondering the same thing, I know that it has been done before with other phones. I guess the DoublePlay just isn't popular enough for anyone to mess with :(
  9. Benzter

Benzter New Member

I have all system apks if someone would like to do a trade.
    I did the same thing messing with the applications and
    Uninstalled fonts.apk by accident.My phone still turns on and
    Everything works except the display settings.I know for
    A fact if you reinstall or push all stock apps it will fix any
    Forcecloses. Email is vsqzbnt@yahoo.com
  10. Drakesummon

Drakesummon New Member

Gonna get the galaxy s4 when i do ill root and get the rom for you
  11. Benjaguy

Benjaguy Member

Thanks, that would be great. My wife still has the phone and has had a ton of problems with it.
  12. Rennfield

Rennfield Member

Question: Has anyone been able to get into Recovery Mode? I can't seem to get the phone to go into CWM recovery and it's bugging the heck out of me.