• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Help needed. Anyone have stock ROM?

Benjaguy

Apr 1, 2011
Where can I get a copy of the stock ROM for the LG DoublePlay? I rooted my wife's phone and was removing some of the applications that came preinstalled and somehow messed something up because now it constantly locks up and I am having to remove the battery to reset the phone.

I would prefer a custom ROM but seeing as it's a new phone and not many folks have one it may be a while (if ever) for a custom ROM to be released.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Yeah, I've thought about trying it by downloading a rom for a similar phone. But the only problem is that the DoublePlay has an extra screen on the bottom. So if I were to try a ROM for a different phone I wouldn't be able to go back, since apparently no one has a copy of the stock ROM. :frown:

Would anyone be able to get me a backup of all the stock apps? Such as Social+ etc? maybe if I reinstall everything it'll put everything back to normal?

Upvote 0
Hmm, Sounds like all of you need something to flash, anything would be better than a brick. I'll see if I can locate something, even if it's an RUU.

Also, I'm going to move this thread over to the all things root forum. :)

EDIT:

I've hit up my normal caches of info and I'm drawing a blank for a stock rom.zip and RUU. I'm sorry, but I don't think one exists. :(

Upvote 0
i have a question then is there another phone that has a dual screen out there that we could use as a stock rom and if possible to use it on the doubleplay i been searching for nearly 5 month to fix my phone havent found a thing but that thought keeps running through my mind if is its possible that would be great but then theres another question if there is a phone with a dual screen but no keyboard does that mean that i will have a phone with a useless keyboard

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones