• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help needed - apps will not download

loopyjump

Oct 19, 2010
Hi

I have recently bought my first smart phone - samsung galaxy 19000. Love the phone, but have not been able to download a single app from the android market since I got it (about 4 days ago. ) I click install it says currently downloading, starting download - but gets no further. I have search the internet and seen that loads of oter people have had this problem (regardless of tehir handset) but no one seems to have a definative solution. There seemed to be some stuff about changing from a googlemail account to gmail as teh start of the problem. However, I have googlemail - so can't be that. Even tried getting a gmail to see if that would do it. Nope. some people suggested clearing teh cache in the market folder in settings - no joy. Removing battery - no joy.

It's driving me mad!! Any help would be very gratefully recieved.

PS please use laymans terms - I'm not techie minded at all!!

Many many thanks peeps!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones