1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Help needed: Cool 1x1 Widgets, Search Bar and Games!

Last Updated:

1. imsoawesome

imsoawesome New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi all!! I'm new to the boards and Android as I have only had my SE Xperia X10 for a week and need a bit of help to finish setting it up.

Anyone have any advice for the following:

1) Best 1x1 Widgets: I am looking for some cool 1x1 widgets for empty spaces on my home pages.

2) News/Weather Widget: I need a good news and/or news and weather widget. Find BBC News way too small, NYT is ok but would love any advice on others. Maybe even something with a ticker. The Xperia X10 is only running 1.6 not sure about the new google weather/news widget that I have read about but it sounds like what I am looking for. Can be any size but I prefer 2x4. Not fox news though please!

3) High Quality Graphic Games: Best mind blowing graphic games, for the amazing 854x480 screen? Half the ones I have downloaded are pixelated on my screen. I'm married to a video game artist for a major gaming company and they are not impressed with Android offerings I have found. I want to prove him wrong!

:) Thank you so much in advance, any help is appreciated! :)

Advertisement
  2. spiz

spiz Well-Known Member

3. imsoawesome

imsoawesome New Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks for the Gameloft Link!! Any particular one to recommend that is worth the money?

No specific search button on my phone that i can see but did just discover in the 96 page guide that is pretty easy to find using another button so don't worry about that question!

4. astrodro

astrodro Member

5. groan

groan Well-Known Member

look up Multicon.
    This allows you to squeeze in links to apps or shortcuts into a 1x1 ->1x4 space. it fits mini-versions of the icons into the same spot. i use it for my most used apps and it still looks good on the screen.
    Multicon Widget - Android app on AppBrain
    [​IMG]

6. turbosol16

turbosol16 Well-Known Member

Multicon is a cool app, wish it could accept theme icons from ADW themes though.

7. phoeniix

phoeniix New Member

8. inphoenix

inphoenix Well-Known Member

Check out the Android Games page in my sig.