HELP :-)...Needed Downgrading from 2.3.5 to 2.1

Last Updated:

1. jonathaneuk

jonathaneuk Member

Hi, Hopefully some one can help me...

Im not very good at doing technical things, as i get abit lost LOL

Anyways i have a HTC Desire s currently on 2.3.5 and looking to downgrade to the old sense, old lockscreen, old software 2.1...

The furthest i have got is unlocking the bootloader LOL...whats next ? how do i do the next bit? how to i downgrade back to the old version?

Hope to hear from anyone soon ! :)

2. InfernalByte

InfernalByte Well-Known Member

Do you mean you want to unroot your phone and take it back to the way it was as it came out of the factory? If that's the case you need an RUU, just pick the right one for your phone.
  3. jonathaneuk

jonathaneuk Member

No, i have Sense 3.0 on at the moment, but i want the old sense on, where to unlock you slide down, and also the old software 2.1 i liked it better.
  4. Guru82

Guru82 Well-Known Member

HTC Desire S
    Android 2.3.3
    HTC Sense 2.1
    Build number 1.47.401.4
    Region Europe
    RUU: RUU_Saga_HTC_Europe_1.47.401.4_Radio_20.28I.30.085AU_3805.06.02.03_M_release_199410_signed.exe
    @ [ROM]Saga Shipped ROM Collection - xda-developers

No guarantees. Your phone may be SIM Locked after using that RUU. I haven't tried it.

Edit: Sorry, you may need to unroot, re-lock bootloader and use misc_version to be able to flash the older RUU. I'm experimenting after a little run in with that ICS RUU that's been pulled by HTC
  5. jonathaneuk

jonathaneuk Member

Oh don't fancy risking it if its gonna lock me phone :s

Thanks anyways
  6. Guru82

Guru82 Well-Known Member

Shouldn't have scared you with the SIM lock possibility.
    My phone was unbranded when I bought it and I've yet to lock the SIM after countless tinkering with RUUs.

At the bottom of find + How to downgrade RUU...
    It should work for you with
    /data/local/tmp/misc_version -s 1.47.401.4
    I think you'll be right if you have your phone unlocked and have a RUU that currently flashes while unrooting

Actually, I haven't tried many RUUs yet, so I shouldn't have said "countless tinkering". Just sometimes you gotta try things. There are ways to unlock your SIM without paying to get it done
  7. jonathaneuk

jonathaneuk Member

I see,
    Well my phone was on Virgin but i got it unlocked, i struggled to root my phone before as i didn't understand most of it ha!

But if i was shown a step by step guide how to Downgrade back to 2.1 or 2.3 (Old Sense, and screenlock) i would be grateful !

Thanks for your help GURU :)