• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Help needed on battery life

telur1

Lurker
Aug 8, 2011
hi, i am using my Samsung galaxy note and was upgraded last weekend from GB to ICS. I also have install Go Launchers and locker as well.

Just want to know

1)how come the battery life sucks ? is it cause by the GO Apps?? and if yes should i delete it?

2) If i do not want to delete it , what would be the best battery saver apps that i can use find and you and Google Play store?

Thank you

Hi,
I was having similar issues, and did a bit of googling to come up with a solution that works for me. (BTW, I have the Bell Samsung SGH-I717M).

1.) Turn off your phone
2.) Remove the battery, wait about 1-5min.
3.) Put the battery back in. Battery should start draining less.

Alarm / USB connection:
I have yet to actually confirm this part, but there is consensus that when your phone is plugged in to the wall, or USB that you should.
1.) Turn on, unlock the phone
2.) THEN unplug it.

So... don't unplug it when the screen is off. I think this prevents a possible bug in android from keeping a wake lock on or something. In any case, if it starts happening again, repeat the battery trick. I only had to do the battery trick once to fix mine.

You can also try disabling some apps.
1.) Open Settings
2.) Open Applications
3.) Go to the 'All' tab.
4.) Choose an app you don't want to run, say, 'Voice Talk'.
5.) Click 'Disable'

Now that app will no longer run, even when you restart your phone. I disabled a couple apps I don't like this way, like Voice Talk and GPS Nagivator (the google one is better and free anyway).

Anyway, so far those steps have worked great for me.

Reactions: telur1
Upvote 0
I also tried the ' take out the battery ' thing and it did bugger all. So far ICS is a big disapointment. Reception is crap, battery crap and i have to reboot at least once every two days, and this is with the official update OTA. Hate my Note now and am busy saving for the new one. Hope jelly bean is better than this rubbish. I also hear that Samsung might bring out its own operating system, i wish they would cause google blows chunks

Upvote 0
I also tried the ' take out the battery ' thing and it did bugger all. So far ICS is a big disapointment. Reception is crap, battery crap and i have to reboot at least once every two days, and this is with the official update OTA. Hate my Note now and am busy saving for the new one. Hope jelly bean is better than this rubbish. I also hear that Samsung might bring out its own operating system, i wish they would cause google blows chunks

Hi Pepee,

Actually Samsung have their own operating system called Bada. They put it on their entry level phones with very few features. I would not want any version of that on my Note. I came from an Nokia N900 and I loved the phone and the operating system. There were very few apps though which meant that I could not do as much with it as I can do with my Note. This is why I will be using Android from now on.

Now, I can assure you that the problem with ICS on the Note is not the fault of Google, but Samsung. It was Samsung that took the vanilla OS provided by Google and adapted it to their hardware. Now, if they failed to get that right, how bad would the phone be if they developed from zero?

Now, I bought this phone knowing that Samsung are a budget manufacturer (I would have loved a Nokia Android phone) and I knew there would be issues. I also have not updated to ICS yet despite the many people on this forum who are quite happy with it. My phone works great as it is and until I need what ICS provides, I will continue to wait. Hopefully Samsung will have worked around the problems by then.

Lastly, I have written all of this for the benefit of others since I get the impression that you don't care (since all of you posts have been bile filled and frankly insulting of this community), but assuming you are not the troll you appear to be, hopefully this gives you some food for thought.

Regards,
Eric Ritchie.

Reactions: telur1
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones