Help needed please from a new Android fan!Support

Last Updated:

1. tripledigit

tripledigit Member This Topic's Starter

Help needed please from a newbie ! :eek: My Desire got wet,I immediately took it apart,left it in front of a heat gun gently warming it dry,i put it back together and it worked perfectly, (made calls,sent messages etc,it remembered all settings except date)I then picked it up later to find it dead,i have tried to switch it on and tried a few other techniques like holding down the Power and Home button etc to no avail,it did however turn on sometimes and the screen gave some options of Reboot/Bootloader etc in small writing,I guess a lot of you are familiar with the reflash etc I could switch between options using the Volume buttom but couldn't select anything,then sometimes it did but it then went dead again and nothing,any ideas please? Is it now junk or can HTC fix them when the water damage tab goes red?go easy I'm pretty new to this! :confused:
    (sorry if there's a better place to post this)

Advertisement
  2. snapper.fishes

snapper.fishes Well-Known Member

Oh man. You are supposed to leave the phone to dry naturally for at least 3 days in order to ensure complete removal of moisture.

3. tripledigit

Thanks for the reply,It dried in an afternoon,as I say it was very gentle heat but it worked for a while perfectly then kaput,is that the end???

4. tripledigit

Any opinions please?:confused:

5. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

The best course of action to take immediately, once a device has become exposed to moisture, is to first submerge it into a container of dry, uncooked rice, which will soak out the water over a period of several hours.

Next, apply as much alcohol (not booze ;), isopropyl or "rubbing" alcohol) to the device, which will displace what moisture may remain. The alcohol will evaporate and not harm the electronics or the screen, etc, as long as it is pure alcohol and not scented or some sort of mixture (witch hazel, aloe, etc).