1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

Support Help needed!! PLEASE

1. AweSomeFacE4

AweSomeFacE4 Member

Hi all,am new to this forum and android :eek:
    So my xperia x8 makes weird noise when i plug in my headphones.I use powerAMP(payed),sound is like little "pip" and then it skips,change and stops my songs.If headphones are in and no music is played the music suddenly starts playing!:mad:
    I've got detention 3 times because of that!!!:mad:
    please help
    btw:this only happens when I use headphones

AweSomeFacE4

Advertisement
  2. Sam-SonyXperia

Sam-SonyXperia Well-Known Member

That's one I have not see before. However one thing to check, do you have music controls on the headset? If so do you have another headset you can try and see if the problem can be replicated?
  3. AweSomeFacE4

AweSomeFacE4 Member

No,I don't have controls on headset,i tried friend's headset and same,but when i tried hook it up on amplifier and no problem!
    btw: I use offical headset (came with phone)

Thanks for reply :)

AweSomeFacE4
  4. Sam-SonyXperia

Sounds almost like there may be a problem with the headphone jack, it may be worth getting the handset looked at by an authorised repair agent.
  5. AweSomeFacE4

AweSomeFacE4 Member

Hi,I don't know how but its gone,no more *pip* sound.
    But now that's gone the music player(phone music player),randomly starts when I'm in phone and other.
    Help

AweSomeFacE4
  6. Sam-SonyXperia

This may still be a head phone jack problem. Open the Liveware manager in your phone and check for any accessories listed and see if they are set to launch an application when connected.
  7. AweSomeFacE4

AweSomeFacE4 Member

no apps are launched when plugging any accessory.
    Thanks

AweSomeFacE4
  8. Sam-SonyXperia

9. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

Before taking the device in for repair due to a possible defective jack, try going into the application manager and clearing cache and data in all sound apps and widgets, then reboot the device (just shut down and then power back up).

The issue could have to do with clogged or corrupted data in those apps/widgets.

Also, you may find that some other app is not co-operating with the sound system. You might try temporarily uninstalling one at a time to see if the issue remedies when one or the other apps is not there.
  10. AweSomeFacE4

AweSomeFacE4 Member

Thanks you all for so much help :)
    The problem is fixed

AweSomeFacE4