• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Help needed - screen so dense I can't see buttons!

aldebarun

Lurker
Feb 1, 2012
Hi all,

I'm new to this forum, so please forgive me for misposting - possibly address me to the right place...?

I'm in a quite big trouble.

I have a Samsung Galaxy Ace with Android 2.3.6. It was rooted and with a lot of apps installed.

Inadvertently (that was very stupid of me, I admit :)), I changed the screen density through the ROM toolbox app, to a value of 280, and then rebooted...

Now the screen is so "dense" that I can't see the whole of it, so that many buttons are hidden.

I have managed to reset the device to factory settings, re-rooted it, and tried some of the apps to change the screen density, such as LCDDensity, etc...

Fact is, all these require root permissions.
But, when the screen for granting root permissions comes up, I can't see the "OK" button!

I have tried other ways, such as through the Android SDK, by adb pull and push the build.prop to modify the screen density entry there, but even that requires root permissions, then the screen comes up... and I'm stuck!

Can you please help me? I'm really getting nuts!

Thank you so much in advance!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones