Help Needed with Phonebook (People)Support

Last Updated:

1. terporiolefan

terporiolefan Member This Topic's Starter

I recently had my DI replaced due to a tech issue, but before I switched over I backed up everything using "My Backup Pro".

When it backed up my contacts, it backed up EVERYONE - including 550+ people I follow in Twitter. I did not have these as visible in my People (phonebook) list, just in Twitter. When I synced with my new DI, My Backup Pro installed every contact to my People list, as the app must have thought it was all part of my phonebook. I tried to make the list invisible like I had it on my original phone, but that did not work, so I deleted each Twitter contact manually from my People list. They no longer show in my People list (though are available to be made visible from Twitter).

This did not solve the problem. Any app that accesses my contact list (even Search People) displays the FULL list which includes my Twitter contacts. There is no long-press or menu options available to hide them.

I am willing to clear my contacts and upload the list again, as they are all backed up to my Google account, but I am afraid it would sync with the server and delete what is saved there.

Any advice on how to clear my contact list of my Twitter followers, or start over with my Google-saved contacts?

Thanks in advance!

Advertisement
  2. terporiolefan

terporiolefan Member This Topic's Starter

BUMP

Please help. It's such a pain sifting through 700+ meaningless contacts!