help needed with SenseHero 2.1 B5

Last Updated:

1. the_reverend

the_reverend New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi

im a noob to root and have sucessfully rooted my hero and using sensehero 2.1

there are a couple of problems i am experiencing and was wondering if any of you guys could help me out.

1. When trying to use Wireless tether, titanium backup or any app that needs root the superuser permissions screen comes up but stays blank, the first time i used wireless tether the SU came up and was populated with allow,always allow,deny etc. but now nothing. when i run the SU app the screen stays blank.

2. When i connect to computer via USB the option for mounting SD card doesnt appear on the phone, HTC sync does not connect either. i can still charge my phone and share the internet connection with my computer through USB, again this is something that did work when i first booted.

3. My GPS does doesnt work.

4. My battery life isnt what it was before flashing ROM.

is the above to be expected when rooting and flashing a ROM or is there something i can do to resolve these issues??

Any help is much appreciated :)

Cheers

Advertisement
  2. Xyro

Xyro 4 8 15 16 23 42 Moderator

1) Enable 'USB Debugging' in Settings >> Applications

2) Make sure you have the most up to date HTC Sync and try reinstalling the drivers.

3) Can't help you there, I don't know the state of the GPS in SenseHero.

4) The rom is probably set up to overclock by default, which drains more power. Get an app like Overclock Widget to check.

3. The Wagster

The Wagster Well-Known Member

Do you have build 5 or 5.1? I use 5.1 and have none of the issues you report. My GPS works fine.

As far as I know there's no overclocking. Or at least by default it's not overclocked.

Download 5.1 from the official website here: http://www.htcdevscene.co.uk/files/file/13-sensehero-21-build-51/

Unfortunately the website is pretty flaky now so if it doesn't load when you try, try again in a few hours.

4. the_reverend

nice on mate

everything up and running perfect now

Is there anything else i should know so i dont brick my phone?

Cheers

5. the_reverend

its build 5

everything is working fine now tho

Cheers

6. Xyro

Xyro 4 8 15 16 23 42 Moderator

You can't brick your phone unless you're flashing a radio and pull the battery :)

Well, assuming you're not trying to flash stuff designed for CDMA/Sprint Heroes. Because they definitely will brick it.