help neededSupport

Last Updated: 2014-03-24 21:08:20
  1. sreilly

sreilly Member

I have the Samsung Galaxy s4 recently my phone is allowing me to answer calls however the person on the other end can not hear me unless I answer on the speaker phone. ...help!!

Advertisement
  2. sreilly

sreilly Member

I have the Samsung Galaxy s4 recently my phone is allowing me to answer calls however the person on the other end can not hear me unless I answer on the speaker phone. ...help!!
  3. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum Moderator

Let's start with the basics. First, to make sure the microphone is still working, try to open Google Now and ask a question. If it records your voice, then we can look at something besides a hardware problem.
    sreilly likes this.
  4. sreilly

sreilly Member

Hello. OK so I tried and the mic seems to be working fine
  5. lunatic59

Now make a call to a number that will answer but you don't mind if they can't hear you like an answering machine. Once the call is answered, look at the phone to make sure the mike mute isn't enabled. If you see the blue bar under the mike, it's muted.

Attached Files:

6. sreilly

sreilly Member

On have done that ams no blue bar under the mix and still can not hear my voice.
  7. allanlaw

allanlaw Well-Known Member

And I assume bluetooth is OFF?
  8. lunatic59

Try toggling that button while on a call and see if that makes a difference.

Hadn't thought of that ... if it thinks it's paired to a hands free device, it would mute the mic.
  9. sreilly

sreilly Member

Yes blue tooth is off
  10. allanlaw

allanlaw Well-Known Member

Just to confirm, if you make the call, everyone hears everyone - it is only when you "answer calls" that they can't hear you unless you answer on the speaker phone - correct?
  11. Rukbat

Rukbat Well-Known Member

It could be something clogging the mic hold (dust, dirt), it could be a bad mic or it could be something on the motherboard. Check the mic hole and see if it's packed with dirt. If it is, use the point of a wooden toothpick to pull the dirt out. Otherwise you'll have to bring it in for a diagnosis and repair.