help new to linux and my google1 phone

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by forgen7, Jan 22, 2010.

1. forgen7

forgen7 New Member

Jan 22, 2010
    i am probably old enough to have mothered most of you ( i know my kids were programming before i left cpm and commodores behind....

i just got a google1 phone and i want to get it to display on my computer. i have tried to download a tether program but it kind of freezes and never finishes. i need an app that will let me watch democracy now-they have a program called ogg vorb or something like that but i dont want to try it unless it would work. i think meridien is the only video program on my phone and it doesnt play much of anything but flickster clips. I want to know how big an sd card i can get it has a 4g now-can it access a 16g if i found one the right size?

i cant figure out the widget thing or how to get rid of widgets i dont need and move what i want onto the home screen.

i am a progressive community /labor organizer and i need the phone to access news and websites with contract info and legal cites as i often have to defend people and get info in a hurry to prove a point. anybody with time on their hands that could help would be appreciated MUCH.

Advertisement
  2. justjimjpc

justjimjpc Premium Member
    VIP Member

Nov 3, 2008
    Washington DC, USA
    Welcome to the AF forums and enjoy your visits !! :cool:

Please ask you questions in the forums best fitting you questions

One question per post is usually best ...

BTW: a G1 will take a 16GB sdcard... and 32GB if one could be found...

3. welcome to the forum, glad to have ya aboard !

4. forgen7

forgen7 New Member

Jan 22, 2010
    at least i dont have to feel like a dwarf next to my equally ignorant pal who just got a motorola cliq ...i was sooo jealous cause he was looking for a 16gsd! thanks for not slamming me i can be brief and get better..

5. bigdroid

bigdroid Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2009
    Campus Safety Officer
    Earlville, NY
    Welcome to Android Forums!! :)

6. Carl C

Carl C Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2009
    Student
    London
    Welcome! :D