Help new to root, unable to get Unrevoked 3 to work!

Last Updated:

1. woodffpm

woodffpm New Member This Topic's Starter

I am new to root, and have been trying to root my Incredible. I have the OTA 2.2, and waited for Unrevoked to release the new program. I have downloaded the drivers and it says that has the most current drivers installed, but when I open the Unrevoked 3 re-flash program it does not recognize the phone...any ideas where to start?

Advertisement
  2. DizkoDan

DizkoDan Well-Known Member

Install the drivers from unrevoked. DO NOT let windows search for the drivers, just choose the drivers yourself. Here's my howto for getting root.

Rooting

3. wayrad

wayrad Well-Known Member

4. 1967ls2

1967ls2 Well-Known Member

For some reason when I did it, I had to actually install HTC Sync, then delete HTC sync but the the drivers it installed, then install the HBOOT drivers then it rooted my phone without any problems.

5. woodffpm

woodffpm New Member This Topic's Starter

I think it loaded correctly because when my phone is hooked up to the computer and i open the device manager it shows android phone bootload interface...then says drivers are up to date. So im guessing theyare correct but could be wrong

6. desperado

desperado Well-Known Member

I got the drivers from the Unrevoked Beta chat and was given instructions on the chat to install HTCSync first, then UNINSTALL HTSync, then install the drivers. This worked. Apparently installing HTCSync and installing it leaves behind some driver files that are necessary. I actually had installed the drivers already so I did tht HTCSync install/uninstall second and had no problems. You don't mention your environment perhaps that could be an issue also. I installed on a Win764bit machine with no issues.

Another option is to install the drivers from this thread

Read Bob Denny's thread I found it the most comprehensive and current version of the many how to root threads.

Good luck.