Help! newb question

Last Updated:

1. djmurilllo

djmurilllo Member This Topic's Starter

So i just picked up a unlocked a moto cliq.. my concern is that i have never had a data plan on my account (at&t). this phone seems to have alot of different apps and widgets updating themselfs continuosly.. i have no problem with while im at home beacuse of my wifi that i can connect to.. but when im not on a wifi connection it seems to still be updating.. which i dont want until i upgrade my plan to unlimited data.. How do i turn off these features or turn off data/ internet acess all together when im not on a wifi connection???

Advertisement
  2. lyons238

lyons238 Well-Known Member

get a diff phone. all smart phones require a data plan because all carriers are douche bags and want to run the economy even more dry than it already is. because they can.

3. djmurilllo

so there isnt a way just to turn off like the happenings or news features??

4. sontaikle

sontaikle Well-Known Member

You should be able to shut off the 3G connection entirely. If you go into "Settings" and the "Wireless and Networks" uncheck the "Mobile Network"

I'm not really sure if this is different on a phone with MOTOBLUR (that's what the Cliq has, right?) but hopefully that will work for you.

5. djmurilllo

ya it does have the moto blur.. and my phone doesnt have that option in wireless controls.. anyone else???

6. Pyro190

Pyro190 New Member

Try use APNdroid