Help, newbie droid frustrationsSupport

Last Updated:

1. kcl71

kcl71 Member This Topic's Starter

Hey all. Trying to figure out why I can't open file attachments from emails. Received some pdf files and two doc files today. Tried opening files from email with pdf reader program and quickoffice or whatever its called. Neither type of file would open. Tried to download then open files with same problem. Files are definitely .pdf and .doc, just opened and rad them on laptop now. Also confused...is there any way to look at my SD card folders and files through a phone app? Can't figure out how to see anything other then my music and photos. Thanks for any input.

Advertisement
  2. johnperkins21

johnperkins21 Well-Known Member

I was just able to open both PDF and Word attachments. I clicked the little download button, then the paperclip, and selected open. Worked like a charm. Are you getting an error or anything?

The phone does not have a built in file browser, but you can download one from the Marketplace. I use Astro File Manager.

3. kcl71

No error messages. It seemed like the files were going to open but the pages were blank...let it go for awhile to see if it had to do with downloading but still stayed blank. I'm going to try hooking up to laptop and see if I can view the downloaded files through my SD card. Thanks for the tip on asro,definitely getting it tonight. On another note when I started to reply to you my Incredible informed me of available update...just rebooted now.

4. kcl71

5. soulfetcher13

soulfetcher13 Well-Known Member

Astro is a really good app with multiple uses. I also thought I saw an android version of docs to go from data viz if you're used to the blackberry, may be worth trying out.

6. johnperkins21

johnperkins21 Well-Known Member

What is your "Include File Attachment" setting set to? Mine is set to never, which is why I have the download button (a down arrow above an underscore). Maybe there was a problem when it downloaded the attachment with the email? Maybe you have it set to under 25KB or something, and it only downloaded a portion of the file, and it's a bug?

Try changing your setting to never, then resend the email to yourself from your computer and see if you can download and then open.