Help! No contacts!General

Last Updated:

1. BH3

BH3 Active Member This Topic's Starter

rooted wife's phone, installed ROM, rebooted, signed in with her gmail acct and surprise, no contacts! any clues?

Advertisement
  2. BH3

i think i may have just answered my own question....if she saved a contact as a "phone" contact and not a "google" contact, nothing would come over, correct?

3. surgeon0214

surgeon0214 Well-Known Member

correct :( sorry

4. BH3

she was piiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiissssssssssssed about losing them and got mad at me and for a bit i actually thought i did something. i felt bad, so of course she went to bed early, steamed as hell at me. then the light in my head went off and i figured the answer out. thank god i have a fairly sharp memory and manually put in 15 or so contacts. she just did'nt chng the type of entry from phone to google when putting them in. i'm guessing she will be piiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiisssssssssssssed all over again when i tell her why they did'nt come over. oh well, at least i got 15 back....correct as goog entries this time.

5. BoBiGi

BoBiGi Well-Known Member

Out of curiosity, did she ask you to root her phone? If so, you should be okay in the morning. If not...........dear oh dear!

6. BH3

she was having the same issues with the phone that others are having...dialer lag, silent bug with calls, overall lag, etc. so yes, she knew that i was going to root. she did'nt really understand why, other than that i told her it would fix these things and just make it a more enjoyable phone. granted, i should have checked her contacts to make sure they were set to google rather than phone but i did'nt. lesson learned and hopefully when she sees that i recovered 20 contacts sorely from memory, it may make things a little easier.

7. BoBiGi

BoBiGi Well-Known Member

A thought that might make you feel better, just by making this (your) post, you will have given a big heads up to others to make their contacts google contacts.
    Good luck to you in the morning! You were trying to do a good thing :)