Help No online update on my Huawei AscendSupport

1. Firehawk

Firehawk Well-Known Member

Ok, so I am trying to do system updates on my mom's Ascend (i.e. prl, firmware, profile, android system) and I cannot for the life of me find the online updates aka system updates. Ive had a Samsung Moment, Sprint Hero and now an Evo and in all of those phones I go to settings>about phone>system update.
    I looked at the user manual which says go to settings>about phone>online updates.....the catch is there is no "online updates" so I am lost. I looked at other menu's but I found nothing.
    Can someone please point me in the correct direction?

Advertisement
    :
  2. AndroidJane

AndroidJane Active Member

I'm new to this phone as well but maybe try "SD CARD & PHONE STORAGE SETTING" and there is an option there called "SOFTWARE UPGRADE" Maybe that's what you're looking for?
  3. Lennatron

Lennatron Well-Known Member

4. Firehawk

Firehawk Well-Known Member

No updates like prl or anything? Even so how come I cant see the "online updates" option in the about phone menu?
  5. Lennatron

Lennatron Well-Known Member

No there are no updates available at all. I do not know why you can't see that option. Did you get your phone recently? Cricket announced on Facebook that it will not be an Online Update because it will not be coming from them. They said that its up to the manufacturer to release the upgrade. The best thing to do is too is to keep checking the thread for news.
    Firehawk likes this.
  6. See 3-D

See 3-D Active Member

*228 will update the PRL (which is just a tower list that doesn't have anything to do with the actual OS updates)
  7. reggjoo

reggjoo Well-Known Member

There should be a option for online update on your phone, look in running services, and see if it is there, regardless if there is no update, that option should be there in your about phone setting. I currently am waiting for the update too, but my setting is there, in about phone, and running services. Maybe when your image was installed on your phone, you might have got one that didn't have that option with it, or a used, or remanufactured phone, take it back. My cricket has it, if yours is cricket, it should have it too, I can't speak for Metro.
  8. reggjoo

What I need to know is the adverse effects of freezing that option.
  9. r0ckstarr

r0ckstarr Well-Known Member

Settings > sd card & phone storage > software upgrade
  10. reggjoo

Huawei online update is a running service that's always on, found out there's no adverse effects from freezing it. Will wait til I see that there is a upgrade, by reading this forum daily. There's no upgrade on sd card yet, my cell's working well, except that damm handcent, but I'll figure that one out. I'd rather save some battery by turning off the online update, til it's here( optimist?)