HELP! no sound on my phone!General

Last Updated:

1. Peter123

Peter123 Well-Known Member

My phone does not ring, it shows the imcoming call,
    when I answer it no sound, nothing.
    Also if I make a call I can't hear anything.

I upgraded OTA, this morning. Ever ything seemed OK.

HELP.
    Peter

Advertisement
  2. Caddyman

Caddyman Well-Known Member

known issue, get your phone replaced at verizon....should be a quick swap out
  3. Peter123

Thanks Caddy,
    I made a battery pull, it fixed it. if it happens again I'll take it back.
    Peter
  4. jayjay1122

jayjay1122 Well-Known Member

Peter...
    It's going to happen again. Check out the link to the thread in this post where those of us on the leaked 2.1 have been fighting this thing. Take Caddy's advice and get a replacement.

To summarize, we have tried several scenarios to try and replicate the problem but it seems to be completely random. I even went so far as to do a factory reset and run the phone that way with no apps at all for almost a week on factory settings and I still got the "silent phone" issue repeatedly.

Now it is up to you, but others pain is your gain. Save yourself the aggravation.

http://androidforums.com/htc-droid-...en-phone-goes-silent-multiple-times-week.html

Best Of luck to you!!:)
    thenestor likes this.
  5. Peter123

Thanks jayjay1122,
    I will try to reproduce it.

It seems to me it happened after I set the phone to vibrate.
    When I tried to go back to ringer the phone was numb/dumb.
    This thing never happened with 1.5!

Is this bug specific to 2.1?

Peter
  6. jayjay1122

jayjay1122 Well-Known Member

Same here as far as it not happening on 1.5. Nobody is exactly sure if this is a 2.1 bug specifically but it does at least seem like 2.1 "woke it up".

Just don't beat yourself up over settings or thinking its something that is your fault.
  7. jameseris1194

jameseris1194 Well-Known Member

mines doing the same thing i took it to verizon and all this moron did was do a factory reset and i told him gimme a refurbed one ....but nooo he said set it up and play with it and see if the issue persists and yes its still happening
  8. 0wrx2

0wrx2 Well-Known Member

does the account holder need to be present if i were to bring in my phone to try to get a replacement? ive had this problem since the first leak and am ready to throw the phone on the grill with the burgers tonight.
  9. thenestor

thenestor Well-Known Member

Gotta bring it in already factory reset. ;)