• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[HELP] Nokia XL

Ar4b

Lurker
Jun 9, 2014
Hello everyone. So, I bought two Nokia XLs and tried to install different ROMs.

Now, both of them are pretty dead. The first one isn't even starting, just keeps showing the "Nokia" logo in the middle of the screen.

I tried to hard reset, it says something like system can't be mounted..

The other one, I installed this [ Update Nokia X with CM11 Android 4.4.2 Custom ROM ], I know it says it's for Nokia X, but I said what the hell and proceeded, now, my phone, whenever shuts it display, can't open again unless I remove the battery and re-open it. WiFi and the back button aren't working..

So, both of them are "059V6S3 RM-1030 NDT IMEA QA"..

I wanted to get a stock ROM for both of them, but the Nokia Data Package Manager doesn't allow me to download it [ [How To] Unbrand/flash all Nokia Android - xda-developers ]..

Any sort of help would be highly appreciated..

use navifirmplus_3.2 to download original nokia stock rom its about 787 mb for nokia xl rm-1030 .. and place it in C:/ProgramData/Nokia/Packages/Products/RM-XXX (where XXX is your RM (RM-XXX = Product Type) and then download nokia care suit

1.Run Nokia Care Suite software and double-click on the Product Support Tool For Store 5.0 category. Click on Work offline. Stay in mode No connection.

2. In top left of the Product Support Tool For Store 5.0 window, click on File and then on Open Product. Find your Android Nokia, or in the Filter box, tap on keyboard the Product Type of your Android Nokia (in my case, a (RM-1030) Nokia Xl) and select your Android Nokia. Then click on Open.

3. Bottom left, click on Programming, and then click on Recovery.

4. Click on Update list. Select the Stock ROM downloaded. Click on Start. Wait a little that Product Support Tool For Store 5.0 verifies of data Packages integrity then it starts flashing operation, and it will show you an error (it indicates that the application has lost the connection, but this is normal because the phone is not connected).

5. Connect the USB end into the USB port of your PC. Turn off your Android Nokia. Press and keep the Volume Down button and the Power button. Once a vibration felt, release the Power button. Release the Volume Down button after 15 seconds. Connect the other USB end to the USB port of your Android Nokia. Click on Retry in Recovery window.

Upvote 0

Now, both of them are pretty dead. The first one isn't even starting, just keeps showing the "Nokia" logo in the middle of the screen.

The other one, I installed this [ Update Nokia X with CM11 Android 4.4.2 Custom ROM ], I know it says it's for Nokia X, but I said what the hell and proceeded, now, my phone, whenever shuts it display, can't open again unless I remove the battery and re-open it. WiFi and the back button aren't working..

I wanted to get a stock ROM for both of them, but the Nokia Data Package Manager doesn't allow me to download it [ [How To] Unbrand/flash all Nokia Android - xda-developers ]..

----------------------------------------
First you need Nokia Care Suit.
Then
Original Nokia XL stock ROM :-
https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=142c9b00f5aea900&id=142C9B00F5AEA900!19537
Total File size 454 mb ( unzip - 787 mb )
download this file unzip its and paste its in that place in your pc " C:/ProgramData/Nokia/Packages/Products/RM-1030 "

If Any confusion then watch this video :-

Last edited:
Reactions: kenotyc
Upvote 0

i have the same problem...it got stuck at nokia logo....can you tell me the procedure you used..thanks

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones