• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Help: Not receiving all my texts

Hello,

I have a few issues and would love some tips from anyone out there. I got my GF a rooted EVO 4G and it has a 2.6.32 KERNEL with Myn's Warm TwoPoinTwo (RLS 5). Right now she is having an issue where she is not receiving text messaging from not everyone or perhaps even different providers that are not Sprint.

I made an error in judgement when after her contract with Verizon ended I had her port her phone number to Google Voice because of the potential it had. However, the main issues with Google Voice Porting were that you can not receive MMS messaging and when you make a phone call through Google Voice on your Sprint Phone it counts towards your Land Line minutes as Google does routing when making calls. Because of this I went ahead and ported her number back from Google to Sprint. A few weeks later I bought a friends EVO from him so that she can get to experience what a real Android phone is like.

Well unfortunately ever since she has had her EVO she is now not receiving text messages from what appears to be almost anyone outside of the Sprint Network (Thats my assumption anyway).

SO my question to all of you is this. Do you know if this respective Kernel/Firmware ever have issues with text messaging? Or was this related to the Google Voice Port?

Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks,

Welcome to the forums!

Wow - this is an odd one, I've not heard of it before - but I've not done the Google Voice dance yet.

Looking forward to the answer to this myself!!

Oh - and how many Evos are we talking here? Is the one you mention getting in the second sentence the one you bought from your friend? Or has there been multiple?

Are there any other symptoms - data issues on 3G, voice call problems - anything to suggest that Sprint didn't provision it correctly over to her?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones