• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Help! Note Edge screen has pink vertical line that comes and goes

superbu

Lurker
May 16, 2015
Hopefully someone can help me. I bought a Note Edge the day of release in January, and it worked fine for about two months. Then suddenly it developed a pink vertical line running from the top to the bottom of the screen. (See attached image.) This line has now appeared and disappeared three times. The first time, after removing and replacing the battery, it stayed away for about an hour, then came back for around six weeks. Then it spontaneously disappeared again for several days, until finally just two days ago it mysteriously returned!

I've had three chats with Samsung customer service. They had me do a complete reboot into safe mode, but the line remained. Then they had me restore factory settings, but that still didn't make the line go away. NOW they want me to just mail it in to be serviced. That's my only phone... I really can't part with it for a few weeks while they figure out what is causing this problem.

Does anyone know what might be causing this mysterious pink pixel line? I did run across a 2013 post online from someone who had the identical problem on his Galaxy 4, and he said he entered the code "*#0*#" in his phone to enter some service menu where you can select yellow, red, or blue and cycle through these colors, and he said it made the pink line on his phone disappear. However, this code does nothing on my phone when I punch it in the dialer.

I'd be extremely grateful if anyone can give me any advice on this.

Galaxy Note Pink Line.jpg

Reactions: DrRMurugesan
Omar, I took mine into the Verizon store in Pasadena where I bought it and they said the screen was defective and gave me a replacement free of charge... shipped it free to my house and let me keep the old one until the new one arrived, so I just had to swap out the sim card myself. I had to send the old one back in a pre-paid mailer within seven days. (Or they'll charge you for the cost of the phone.) I would recommend taking yours into the store for whatever company your service plan is with... Samsung customer service was going to make mail the phone into them for repair.

Reactions: KOLIO
Upvote 0
I have the same problem in the title with the lone difference is that the pink line stays!
Further, I am unable to key in any character or numeric in the complete area to the left of the pink line.
So sad that a precious gift in the past month from a very dear one, this costly product has failed in its performance.
Nearby phone service shop asks me to replace the display costing over Rs 12k (~USD 180); with this money, I can buy a brand new phone of some other make!
Can someone help me what should I do with this phone?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Omar, I took mine into the Verizon store in Pasadena where I bought it and they said the screen was defective and gave me a replacement free of charge... shipped it free to my house and let me keep the old one until the new one arrived, so I just had to swap out the sim card myself. I had to send the old one back in a pre-paid mailer within seven days. (Or they'll charge you for the cost of the phone.) I would recommend taking yours into the store for whatever company your service plan is with... Samsung customer service was going to make mail the phone into them for repair.
You are very lucky to get a replacement, a rare gesture from shops selling such products!

Upvote 0
You are very lucky to get a replacement, a rare gesture from shops selling such products!

No luck is involved. Samsung warranty their products against manufacturing faults and defects, and it should be the responsibility of the retailer to service any claims. The contract of sale is with them, not Samsung.

Reactions: KOLIO
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones