1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

HELP! Notification Sound Not WorkingSupport

1. Cincybearcatfan

Cincybearcatfan Well-Known Member

This morning when I took my phone off of charge I noticed that I would get a text and it would vibrate but not give me an audible notification. When I open and close menu's I can hear the click that is associated with opening and closing menus. My phone will ring when called.

I went into the sounds menu, opened notifications, when I make a different choice from the default sound I don't get a preview of the sound at all. When I go into ringtone and select a different ringtone, I do get a preview of the new ringtone.

This is definitely isolated to notifications which makes me wonder why and how to fix it. I can't find a volume for notifications only.

Advertisement
    :
  2. BRAINZ2013

BRAINZ2013 Well-Known Member Contributor

How about power off the device and power on again without the cord in the device
    Cincybearcatfan likes this.
  3. Thom

Thom Premium Guide Member Guide

Cincybearcatfan likes this.
  4. Cincybearcatfan

I tried that. Sorry I forgot to include that information ;) I also tried turning off Motorola Assist "Sleep" thinking it must be muting them still.

Giving it a try now. I'll report back!
  5. Cincybearcatfan

After installing it, my notifications are all the way up. Now what?
  6. Cincybearcatfan

It's a MIRACLE!!! They are NOW back on! Thanks guys!
  7. Thom

Thom Premium Guide Member Guide

I suspected a buggy app on your phone. I would have suggested a next step of loading it in Safe Mode and see if it solved it. If it did then you would for sure know you had a bad app.

... Thom