help! official o2 update screwing up my phone!!Support

Last Updated:

1. shedboy79

shedboy79 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

just updated to 2.2, since then its not letting me download anything from market place- i have plenty space on internal memory, also the browser crashed as soon as i load any bbc websites. I have an untouched phone - not rooted etc etc

anyone have any idea whats going on ??

Advertisement
  2. Podivin

Podivin VIP Member VIP Member

From another thread in the HTC Eris forum, courtesy of Doogald, you might try this to see if it helps.

"from home do menu->settings->Applications->Manage Applications. Wait for the list to refresh, and scroll down to find "Market". (You can also press menu, then sort by size, then menu, sort a-z, to make it easier to find.) Tap on "Market" and, from the display that pops up, tap the button "Clear cache". Try to go back to the market. If that still doesn't fix it, follow the same path in settings and tap the button "Clear data". If you have to clear data, the first time into the market it should ask you to accept Google's terms again. Hopefully that fixes things."

3. shedboy79

shedboy79 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

thanks for that, still no joy!

4. speedycolzalez

speedycolzalez Well-Known Member

Browser crash on BBC website is a Flash issue on 2.2. There are a couple of threads on it already.

5. Monsteur

Monsteur Member

I've had the same on some BBC pages, but not all. I think it was the Formula 1 page that crashed my browser, but the main Sport page was ok. At least we can now play the video clips on the pages that don't crash!