Help on deciding ROM

Last Updated:

1. thenewguy821

thenewguy821 New Member This Topic's Starter

Trying to decide between DamageControl and Fresh. Does anybody know of any issues with either that should be taken into consideration? I have seen so many threads about the many different ROMs and it is making my head spin. I want one where everything works as it is intended.

I don't want the battery to last 1 hour longer if the Rom disables the Camera, or web pages to load 1/2 sec faster, but the lock screen no longer works....

Any help would be appreciated.

Advertisement
    Y2Dre likes this.
  2. THEFORCE

THEFORCE Well-Known Member

I haven't tried damage but I've been running fresh with absolutely no problems and beautiful battery life.

3. Rolland985

Rolland985 Well-Known Member

I have to agree with THEFORCE, I have been using Fresh and have had no issues, love it actually. I did install damage for about half an hour but went right back to Fresh. I really didn't have a reason, just real comfortabnle with Fresh.

4. thenewguy821

thenewguy821 New Member This Topic's Starter

Excellent. Thanks for the replies.
    I see that Aloysius is built on the Fresh ROM, and adds a lot of color to everything. I may end up going with that, but I now see that FROYO has been officially released, so I may be better off waiting to see if the release will take care of the bugs in that ROM. FROYO looks amazing, but I want accessibility to the Camera, without having to re-flash a different ROM all the time.

Thanks again for the replies. Now I just have to wait for my phone to come in...

5. mattgartner

mattgartner Member

Fresh, as far as I can see, basically just removes a bunch of the Sprint/HTC bloatware crap that comes pre-installed that you can't remove. These things start when you boot the phone, whether you start them or not, so with those removed your battery life will be better to begin with.
    I don't think it disables anything important.

6. effluent

effluent Well-Known Member

Other than removing some apps I couldn't tell any difference on Fresh. Been on Damage awhile and could tell an immediate difference in performance. Also g ives you a program that let's you tweak some settings to improve performance or get more battery life. Also can drop the Aloycious theme on top of it which I've done.

7. mhayes86

mhayes86 Member

I'm flashing Fresh, and so far I love it! I like not having to deal with Sprint's bloatware predominately.

My only question with Fresh, however, is if it's incompatible with the mic for speech to text? I found out last night that clicking the mic on the keyboard didn't do anything, so I unrooted. After that, the mic worked again, so I re-rooted and flashed Fresh for the second time, and the mic doesn't work yet again.

Any ideas?

EDIT: Nevermind, I managed to find a topic that solved this. Apparently, among the Sprint apps that Fresh uninstalls and places into the Fresh-Removed folder in the SD card, is the speech to text installer.