Help on deleting ringotnes!

Last Updated:

1. infamous78903

infamous78903 Member This Topic's Starter

So I need help in deleting my trimmed ringtones that i made on my HTC Hero. I downloaded Linda Manager app to be able to access my files, in order to delete the ringtones. I looked under Phone/system/media/audio/ringtones and they're no where to be found. Can anyone tell me where the trimmed ringtones are saved please! Thanks

Advertisement
  2. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice VIP Member

I've never used the default app... but try your sdcard instead of the system.

3. V425

V425 Well-Known Member

I use Astro and under the SD card there is a folder called .ringtonetrimmer and in it is a folder called ringtones where you can delete them

4. t1jordan

t1jordan Well-Known Member

Estrongs File Manager is my personal favorite, but Astro works just as well.

5. Dade County

Dade County Member

If you haven't found them yet... Astro is what I use also. Check in all of the folders on your sdcard. I helped a friend with an Eris (same issue). Hope you find em.

6. cooolone2

cooolone2 Well-Known Member

Astro File Manager is the best, IMHO, and is an excellent Backup program for installed apps to boot.

IF you are still having difficulty finding the files, here's a work-a-round...

Use an Audio app like MixZing which will find all the audio on your phone. In the file manager portion of that app, you can long press (brings up menu selection for that file) directly to delete files from phone or SD Card. This app is cool too cause you can tell it also to ignore certain directories... Easy enough - no? ;)

Anyway, hope it helps.

:cool: