1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

help on ice cream sandwich update problem.

1. muackz

muackz New Member

I updated my samsung galaxy s2 just now and now the ram decreased from 0.91gb to 687 mb.what happened?and anyone know how to fix it?thx in advance...

Advertisement
    :
  2. Metroid Prime

Metroid Prime Oil Can!!! Oil Can!!! VIP Member

Hello and welcome to AF. :)

Try turning your phone off and on.
  3. muackz

muackz New Member

Tried it and still doesn't fix the problem.:S
  4. Metroid Prime

What are the current processes running that are taking up so much RAM?
    I'm pretty sure your device will take care of this since android is smart in how to deal with this stuff. It could also be a bug perhaps.
    muackz likes this.
  5. muackz

muackz New Member

What i mean is there is a decrease in total available ram on the device from the total ram of 0.91 gb to 687 mb...:(
  6. Rush

Rush {<>}~{<>} Guide

The only solution I could recommend is for you to do a "reset" on the device. This might be the only solution for this situation.

Welcome aboard. Good luck. <(&#65507;&#65078;&#65507;)> []~(&#65507;&#9661;&#65507;)~* (&#65507;&#65103;&#65507;) (&#65507;&#711;&#65507;)
    Metroid Prime and muackz like this.
  7. muackz

muackz New Member

Yea.i gonna do that after i back up all my data.thx.
  8. Metroid Prime

I was about to suggest that. Thanks Rush. :)
  9. Slug

Slug Check six! Moderator

If your handset is a GT-i9100G, this thread may help.
  10. Johnny909

Johnny909 New Member

I have an ICS update problem, and I'm asking for help. Tonight I started the AT&T official upgrade through Kites. All went well for a long time. Then, near the end I got an update driver box, and then a box that said drivers successfully updated. All through the driver update procedure, a box was open showing % of firmware upgraded, and my phone shows the Android logo, and a download bar, and a stern warning, "Do not turn off target!!". Unfortunately, everything stopped at 55%. It has been nearly an hour, and the upgrade stalled, near, the end with only 45% to go.
    So, is there a way to jump start the process and complete the upgrade? Or any other helpful suggestions?
    Thank you for your assistance with this.