help on installing custom recovery(1st android)

Last Updated:

1. ZOOLAHiSHKOBOB

ZOOLAHiSHKOBOB Well-Known Member

Hey, everyone. Im not sure if i should post this here, Im a new member. I've already had my lg optimus m rooted already, Therefore i got superuser. i've downloaded rom manager, root explorer, titanium back up. Now what? I been looking at the forums to install roms or themes. I loved the "sense" ROM. OMG i gotta have that. I seen that i need to install the custom recovery, for this phone first. I looked at the http://androidforums.com/getitnowmarketing/256286-custom-recovery-ms690-optimus-m.html for the custom recovery and DAMN i cant understand a word. What should i do? isnt that the like some sort of restore point? If i mess up my phone? but gaahhh im soo confuse on how to install a custom recovery. >.< sorry people. So could someone give me a step by step help? PM me. thanks! much appreciated![=

Advertisement
  2. Darnell0216

Darnell0216 Well-Known Member

First DELETE ROM MANAGER. IT WILL BRICK YOUR PHONE!!!

- That is an old thread. Please look through all of the stickies for updated information. You will be getting GetItNowMarketing's v2.2.1 All In One Recovery or Joneidy's v2.2.1

- You will need Terminal from the Market or the Android SDK to use ADB Shell. Once you have one of these two apps, you can proceed a little further.

There's a guide written by jabbawest that has a good amount of updated starter info.