• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help on picking Galaxy Epic Touch vs S3

I'm due for an upgrade, and I'm deciding between the Galaxy s2 Epic Touch or a Galaxy S3. Obviously the S3 is the flagship new domination of a phone, but it's $100 difference from a S2 epic touch, which almost has the same features.

So I'm asking the much smarter people at Android Forums. Is it worth 100 extra dollars to get the S3 and be on top of the world, or will I survive with the Epic Touch just fine?

P.S. I'm updating from a Nexus S

As a S3 owner, I like some of the extra features of my GS3. Like smart stay (keeps screen active if you're reading something) and being able to speak and the phone does certain commands (Like answer, take a photo, etc). But it is mainly fluff

The major difference for a Sprint user is that the Epic 4G Touch uses WiMAX as it's 4G and the GS3 uses LTE. If you're in an LTE market, or on the list to get LTE sometime this year or early 2013, that would be a major point for putting down the extra cash for a GS3.

If you're in a WiMAX area or not slated to get LTE anytime soon, then I'd say the Epic 4G Touch is fine.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones