help on rooting droid eris 2.1 leakGeneral

Last Updated: 2010-05-30 01:40:55
  1. jose259

jose259 Member

I need help on how to root my HTC Droid Eris 2.1 leak version or atleast make it back to fafactoty or get da latest 2.1 version plz help

Advertisement
  2. mib12890

mib12890 Member

there is no known functional way of doing that right now
  3. iLoveAndroid

iLoveAndroid Active Member

they have found a possible root exploit
  4. LiverpoolsNo9

LiverpoolsNo9 Well-Known Member

I think theoretical is more accurate.
  5. jearl75

jearl75 Well-Known Member

Well, let's hope the theory works out! :)
  6. Roaddog

Roaddog Well-Known Member

A for the leak: No can do buckaroo.

To get the latest version just go here: Sticky: HTC DROID Eris OS 2.1v3 download
  7. SirSlayer

SirSlayer Well-Known Member

I could swear I saw a search button around here somewhere. Another in a long list of useless "how can I root my leak version" when its stated everywhere that leak can not be rooted yet and there is no way to go back to 1.5. Now hopefully this new theory will work but until then use the search button. Its your friend and will keep people like me that use it out of your hair. Welcome to the forums btw.....hope you will learn to use that search button though.
  8. jaykap

jaykap Well-Known Member

i believe there is a website where you can get a rooted version of 2.1. i can give that website but i don't know if i can post it here so if anyone wants it, send me a message
  9. SirSlayer

SirSlayer Well-Known Member

Yes but don't you need to be on 1.5 first? Anyone that updated to the leak cannot root unless an exploit is found.
  10. jaykap

jaykap Well-Known Member

yes i do believe you have to be on 1.5 in order to get the rooted 2.1. i haven't tried it yet because i am trying to be patient on the OTA release. The only thing i don't know is what version of 2.1 the rooted version is. i have thought about downloading and using the v3 leak. i guess everyone that has it seems to have no problems with it.
  11. jose259

jose259 Member

the files not on there anymore
    but thanks
  12. jose259

jose259 Member

there really isitn anything wrong with it it works just fine just a few force closes here and there
  13. JrzDroid

JrzDroid Well-Known Member

i just rooted my new 1.5 Eris and WOW
    If there was a way to Root v3 i woulda kept my non ringing phone but oh well