help on rooting

Last Updated:

1. craigrn16

craigrn16 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I need the easiest route to root an HTC incredible. I'm not a technical expert. Please help. Easiest way.

Advertisement
  2. najaboy

najaboy Well-Known Member

The easiest way is going to be to wait until unrEVOked releases their easy method, which should be sometime in the near fututre.

Other than that, you'll be playing a game of roulette, as there is currently no method that's easy for everyone across the board.

Read the guides, watch the video, read what's worked for others, and then try what you're comfortable with.

3. paimon.soror

paimon.soror Well-Known Member

Agreed, the method that is currently available shouldn't really be used by those who arent familiar with the console, or with a linux based command line. Some of the commands that are run, although documented well, could cause some damage if performed incorrectly.

4. rphusker

rphusker Member

Ditto on najaboy! I've read every post and method on rooting but am still going to wait for an easier method from unrEVOked. I just don't feel comfortable with the methods out now. Hopefully it won't be too much longer.

5. tudmf

tudmf Well-Known Member

Agreed it is luck, but is very possible. I would not wait, just keep trying. I have experience with Linux, and although I understand the commands there is no necessity to do so. Just follow the 10min video and combine with SD card trick. Worked for me after 5 tries after trying for 6 hours.

6. tudmf

tudmf Well-Known Member

Well tried on my wifes for 40 minutes and could not replicate, will retry tomorrow. I think a part of the process is to hook phone up and select HTC sync from phone to install drivers......grrrrr