• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root help on rooting

I need the easiest route to root an HTC incredible. I'm not a technical expert. Please help. Easiest way.
The easiest way is going to be to wait until unrEVOked releases their easy method, which should be sometime in the near fututre.

Other than that, you'll be playing a game of roulette, as there is currently no method that's easy for everyone across the board.

Read the guides, watch the video, read what's worked for others, and then try what you're comfortable with.

Upvote 0
Agreed it is luck, but is very possible. I would not wait, just keep trying. I have experience with Linux, and although I understand the commands there is no necessity to do so. Just follow the 10min video and combine with SD card trick. Worked for me after 5 tries after trying for 6 hours.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones