Help on Wifi driver installation for HP Compaq

1. Effell

Effell New Member

Hi Members :hello:

New to forum and new to Android OS, so desperately need some help and advice .. here goes

My son gave his sister his old HP Compaq nc6220 laptop. He had it as dual boot system running Win XP pro and Ubuntu and everything worked fine under both OS's, including Wifi. My daughter however is used to Android 4.0 Ice-cream Sandwich which she has running on her tablet, so I clean installed the Android 4.0 OS and got rid of the Windows (formatted the HD). It has installed fine but the Wifi driver is missing, so no Wifi. It does attempt to turn on the Wifi, but it then just hangs. :confused: :stupido2:

Here where I need some advice.

I've downloaded the driver which is an exe file (sp31463.exe) on my own Win7 OS laptop from the HP site, so I assume it can be read and loaded by Android OS. I've copied it to a memory stick but I've no idea how to install it so that it loads up on boot. Can this be done and if not, is there in Android OS a config.sys file equivelant where I can stick the file to load up after boot-up. If anyone knows how, he/she would have to explain it in the form of an idiot's guide as I'm not at all familiar with Linux/Ubuntu/Android OS, nomenclature and terms

Thanks

Advertisement
    :