1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Help Opening Gmail Attachments in Froyo

Last Updated:

1. Helenoftroy08

Helenoftroy08 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I did a search, and didnt find anything that was exactly on point with my issue, so I apologize if this is a repost. I am running 2.2 FRF57, and I cannot open attachments with my gmail account. I had uninstalled Gmail, and then after reading so many great things about the new version in Froyo, I re-installed. When I touch the icon, Gmail opens, and then immediately re-closes. Then, I touch the icon again and Gmail opens. I can send and receive email, and I can even open an email with an attachment. With EVERY attachment I try to open though, it says fetching attachment continuously and never opens it. Anyone else experiencing this, or have an idea for a solution? Thanks guys!:)

Advertisement
  2. ronaldramsayii

ronaldramsayii Well-Known Member Developer

Honestly I don't think you can open an attachment. I've never been able to open them. I've always had to go thru the browser to my gmail account to download the attachment. It sux that we can't do that.....I don't get why

3. Helenoftroy08

Thats interesting. I am really just now giving the gmail app a shot so I had no idea. Does this happen to you if u receive an .apk file in gmail and click install .apk too? Because I get the same result. Guess I may as well uninstall it!

4. ronaldramsayii

Well normally it comes standard with the ROM that youre using whether its stock or a custom ROM. Like i said before in order for me to get to the attachments i gotta go thru the gmail in the browser. Which is fine with me since most of my emails dont have important attachments.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

5. sbursik

sbursik Well-Known Member

I have been using Dropbox to transfer .apk files to the phone. Its really a great way to do it. Then I can share my apps with my fellow droid heads and they can share what they have with me.

6. Redflea

Redflea Well-Known Member

Get APKatcher from the market - allows you to install APKs attached to emails.

7. ronaldramsayii

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

8. Helenoftroy08

I think I will try this too...WAAAAAAAY back when I first got my Droid and was scared to root (I know unthinkable right?!) I purchased sprite backup for .99. They have some kind of deal with Dropbox so I'm gonna give it a whirl!

9. Helenoftroy08

Gonna try this too thanks!

10. Helenoftroy08

The new Froyo build (FRF84B) fixed this issue for me and I can now open attachments in gmail!

11. drumtrucker

drumtrucker Well-Known Member

you can? I can't.

12. Maris

Maris Well-Known Member

I've been using BlackMoon AttachSave Lite which opens any attachment I receive in my gmail.